Thursday, January 10, 2013

Ready to Go!

The past month has flown by faster that I could have imagined! This will be my last post from the United States! Zack and I are incredibly excited (and slightly anxious) to embark on our Peace Corps journey tomorrow. We fly to San Francisco in the morning for staging then leave for Thailand on Saturday. We are both only bringing one large backpacking backpack and one regular backpack each. Zack has also decided to bring his saxophone (not surprising!) with him.

Everything I'm bringing to Thailand (Yoga mat and all!)

This past month has been full of meaningful time with family and friends. We have both felt so unbelievably lucky to have such amazing people in our lives who are so loving and supportive. I'm so grateful that we were able to spend a whole three weeks in Alaska. Although it went really quickly, I definitely needed the solitude and space of that environment as well as the comfort of and connection with my family. I also feel better now that I know Kashmir is pretty well settled. I love the pictures of her being spoiled that my mom shares on Facebook. (Please keep them coming!)

Click HERE to view photos.
We were also able to have a ton of fun visits with family after returning to Pueblo on the 27th. Zack and I also celebrated five wonderful years of marriage on the 5th (golden anniversary?) of January! I am so blessed to be sharing my life with my very best friend and the most wonderful man I know :) I'm not sure when I will be able to post again, but I do promise to do my best to keep everyone updated on our progress! If you are interested in sending letters, please email me at lauranjones88@gmail.com. I will get back to you ASAP with our mailing address in Thailand. During the first few months (training), the Peace Corps does not recommend sending packages because we should have access to everything we need during that time. They also informed us to keep in mind that regulations and excessive customs fees may be a factor when sending items larger than an envelope.


 
Trying to be as cool as Grandma and Grandpa Jensen :)

Click HERE to view more photos


We are so grateful for all of the loving and positive energy that is being sent our way! Again, we are so happy and excited for this experience and hope that we are able to share our journey with others as it unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment